Pharmaceutical insights from CPhI 2016→ Back to stories
BDB recently attended CPhI Worldwide in Barcelona to provide press support for one of our clients. The world’s leading European pharmaceutical exhibition brings together the entire supply chain and thousands of visitors turned up to this year’s show,
So, what did we learn?
First of all, Barcelona is still sunny in October. Win.
But more to the point, CPhI showcased new trends, products and services and was brimming with key players from the whole pharmaceutical ingredients sector. Exhibitors were spread out over different halls and there were dedicated zones for various parts of the industry, allowing for lots of exercise and insights in between our meetings with the press. Here are a few things we picked up:
– Speed to market is of vital importance and is trending across the pharmaceutical segment
– Drug revenues are reportedly increasing by 7 % per year
– There is a growing trend towards targeted therapies across the industry
– Getting the right balance between capability and scale is of growing importance
– More user-friendly drug packaging is needed to reach a wider scope of the population
Would you like to know how we can support your marketing communications activity within the pharmaceutical industry? Please get in touch.